Sunday, September 10, 2006

plans...

so i had all these ideas of what i should put in my next post. it was going to be very picture happy. i took pictures of socks that i finished. i took pictures of my norwegian ski socks that are a work in progress (and are taking me a really long time to make... silly me re-writing bits of the pattern) and then some pics of the nice niceness that is just down the street from me.

but i forgot the connector cable from the camera to the computer in edmonton. so the pics remain on my camera. perhaps someday i will be able to share them with you.

instead i will tell you about the physics new student welcome at UBC.
so, coming from mcgill i was expecting lots of free drinks. i mean we were going to the grad house and there was a bar RIGHT THERE. but alas no... we had to buy our own drinks... but at $3 a pint, it's not such a bad deal. Especially when, instead of free drinks there was free food! yum yum. i was told all about the really hard quantum class that all new students are suppose to take. i guess, that is, except for this new student! instead i'm taking the hard E&M class. fun!

wow, my stories are much shorter than my brother's!

i also finally got a phone!! with a sweet phone plan: unlimited phone calls anytime in north america. w0ot! now i feel more connected to the world around me.

and there is a cat that hangs out in my backyard. it's black and white like oreo, but not as cute!

2 Comments:

At 11/9/06 10:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Completely off-topic... there's a new Knitty! But you probably already knew that.

 
At 11/9/06 14:12, Blogger Princess Tuborg said...

and it tells you how to make a sock inside a sock!

are you on the email list too?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home