Sunday, October 15, 2006

a new club!

I started a new club!
well, i really re-started an old club.
beer club is alive and well at UBC once again!
It was a last minute thing where over some free beer at a poster session on friday afternoon beer club was started. i am also proud to say that the astro-folk finished up the free drinks. GO astro!

i'd love to tell you more about what happened at the first beer club meeting... but i don't remember much of what happened. BUT i think there is a new Las Vegas club as a result. i smell ROAD TRIP!

I also discovered with Jaime that there are WAY more apples out there than i ever thought possible!!! we went to an apple festival. there was apple tasting as a part of the event. there just wasn't enough time to try all the apples! there were so MANY! at the end of the day i bought a bag of "silken" apples. yum yum yum. it was also apple day for the cubs and they selling apples on the street for donation. how healthy! no cookies! apples instead!

Also, Jaime and i will have matching socks!!!!! jungle stripe lorna's laces.

Guess who saw the who last weekend???
I did! thanks to steven who came out for a little visit. FUN FUN FUN!!!

what is not fun is this book that i'm reading. it makes me all angry and ashamed that i was ever proud to call myself canadian. I'm reading Obasan by Joy Kogawa. I am finding it painful to read. and it makes me MAD MAD MAD.

In other news. it's socktober and i'm almost done a pair of socks!

3 Comments:

At 15/10/06 22:08, Blogger Joe said...

I just ate an apple... then a cookie.

 
At 16/10/06 12:19, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i saw the who too! my mommy and i went. it was fantastic. or maybe who-rific. either way, it was good times. :) I'm glad there is still a beer club. I wish I was in a beer club. I need a beer right now. I have a class of kids sitting in front of me, and I want nothing more than to pour alcohol into my glass. teehee

 
At 29/10/06 15:16, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, the internment of Canadians of Japanese descent is definitely a national shame; likewise for the clubbing of baby seals, the current war in Afghanistan, Christina Aguilera, and well…one could go on and on listing our national atrocities. However, I think we can take some heart in the fact that we weren’t and aren’t as malicious as a lot of other countries out there. That’s little consolation I know—a bit like being told by the person you’ve long had a crush on that they consider you their best friend—but without ever losing sight of the history that made this nation, we still can, in spite of it all, be proud to wave the maple leaf. Of course, for this to continue, we have to hope that Harper doesn’t fuck things up too much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home