Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Origin of a princess

in case you are wondering how it is that i became a princess, well that started on my 21st birthday when i was singing in camrose with my choir. someone had one of those crowns that comes with a kids meal and since it was my birthday, i should have a crown. i became a princess.
then we went to celebrate.

there was some strong encouragement by me for people to join in the celebration. for example: come to caddies! i'm a princess!

my favorite: buy me a drink! i'm a princess!

i think all of camrose between the college and Cadillac's knew about my birthday and about the fact i was a princess.

so where did the tuborg come from?

i moved to montreal. i started a master's. and the department really likes students and staff to be friends. so they drive us out to some far away part of mcgill (the macdonald campus) and have a bbq... with an open BAR!!!! sweeeeeeeeeeeet!
tuborg was my drink of choice that afternoon.

tuborg labels are fun. they make a good tiara! plus some of the bottles come with stickers that you can put on your watch, and then it's tuborg time!!!!

6 Comments:

At 18/5/06 01:23, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!! I like origin stories. Yours was a pretty good yarn Kels. Definately better than the origin stories of any silver age Spider-man villian (I mean Molten Man? Come on!!) but just a shade under the compelling tale of Wolverine's upbringing as the son of a disgruntled groundskeeper on a wealthy Albertan estate.

And you know what else I like? That I can know leave comments on your new web log site.

 
At 18/5/06 13:59, Blogger Joe said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 18/5/06 14:01, Blogger Joe said...

You should make that your profile picture. All the cool kids are doing it.

 
At 19/5/06 05:54, Blogger ramblingblogger said...

ooh i like the new title banner thingy!!

 
At 19/5/06 11:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I drank tuborg for the first time yesterday, and I thought of your royal lineage!

 
At 19/5/06 21:34, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelsey! I like that I can comment on it too! I'm going to put a link from my page to your page, then I don't even have to bookmark it! Yay fun!

And I definitely enjoy your posts; they are very funny. When are you coming back to Edmonton so we can go drinky drinky?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home